Sunday, August 6, 2017

A 3rd Birthday with Cousins!

This entire past week my kids have been in absolute HEAVEN having their cousins in town! My sweet sister-in-law Mindie drove up from Utah with her four incredible boys and we've been having just the best time. The kids have all played so effortlessly together, and although I swore they would all crash mid-afternoon from the heat, their love for each other kept them here until well after the sun had gone day each day. Saying goodbye each night has been so hard for my kids, and especially Jude. These boys are the brothers he's always wanted and we wish so much that we lived closer.
Thanks for coming, Min! 

We were thrilled they would be here to celebrate Scout's birthday and so we celebrated with an impromptu cousin party! The love this girl must have felt that day from all of your family was surely unreal. You really have the best kids, Mindie! 





She has so much love exploding from her little body that at times I have to tell her, "Easy, Lenny," when she makes this face. 

Nana made us all buttermilk fried chicken, homemade mac and cheese (Scout's favorite), and biscuits! 
Even though it was hot and those piggies started to melt, Nana's "Pigs in a Mud Bath" cake was a huge success!   


These boys are just the sweetest older cousins. They each were so kind and gentle to the little ones.  



Her reaction to that Peppa Pig camper! 
Also, that pooping kitty is ALLLL the rage right now. 

And then, I mean, who wouldn't want to give six children 500 water balloons to throw at each other?? 

We just love all of these guys! Thanks for coming and playing and making this week just the best time ever!
And to my sweet Scout Imogene: You are my wild and crazy daughter. You are fearless in your love for life and others. You say "hi" to everyone you see, are quick to hug random strangers and kiss your family members. You are my little singing song bird. You love to put on lipstick and nail polish because "it makes me so pretty", but I think you are so beautiful as just you are. You are my mini-me, you are our joy, and we love you with our whole hearts. I can't wait to spend another year with you. I love you, Scouty!


5 comments:

  1. Really impressive & helpful blog for me, I was searching this kind of information from a long time. Thanks for help me.

    Beijing Trips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative and useful historical post. I see you have a lot of other cool stuff available at your website, simply bookmarking it to check in spare time. Thanks and keep the good work up.

    Hangzhou Side Tours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.

    Hangzhou Tour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good, its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because, they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.

    Hangzhou Tour Guide

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.


    Shanghai Hangzhou Tour

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...