Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ice Cream and Cookies

This morning, Jude and I decided that we needed some nice, warm cookies in our lives. And instead of getting heartburn from their usual buttery-goodness, I decided on a healthier recipe for my favorite: oatmeal raisin. 
And once these discs of deliciousness were mixed and baked, we've been eating them nonstop. When they're healthier you can eat more, right? Right. 
And tonight, I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard, filled it with ice cream. dropped our last cookie of the night right in the center of it, and sat down on the floor. Jude followed closely behind, sat on my lap and looked over his shoulder whenever he was ready for a bite and to watch me take a taste of my own.

Hey, little man: you're not allowed to grow too old or too big to sit on your mama's lap and to share ice cream and cookies with.
Not ever. 
And this cookie recipe is definitely a keeper! Only 2 tbsp. of butter in the whole batter and they're so soft and yummy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...