Friday, December 16, 2011

Hey Jude

Hey Ju-Ju, 


One of my favorite things is when I sit down on the couch with something to eat, and you leave your toys behind to come stand next to me and open your mouth like a baby bird. It warms my heart. I love sharing my snacks with you and having you discover new foods with me. Today it wasn't a new food, just some baby-boy puffs, but mommy likes them too. So we shared them together :). 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess what else happened today? 
You said your first word.
!!!!!!^^^
While you were lying on the floor getting your little lumpy tush changed, I looked up at you, you looked up at me, smiled, and said, "hi!" 
I almost died.
A full out heh-eye. 
For a second, I didn't believe it even happened. I said, "hi", waited patiently while you decided what to do, and then you smiled and said, "hi" back! 
Hey, it doesn't surprise me that this was your first word. Sure, I wanted it to be mama. Maybe even dada. But you're such a friendly little guy that it only seems fitting that the first word of communication to come from those sweet lips in your life would be to say hello :). 
Whether you knew what you were saying or not, I'm still convinced you're the smartest little chocolate chip cookie in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. I never comment on your blog, but I do look at it! And I think you are too funny! I know what you mean about babies wanting to eat everything we do. No matter how full they are, they will still come up like a hungry bird and just open their mouths expecting us to feed them. So cute! My blog is on private, so send me your email if you want an invite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...