Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

hmmmm...I love doing these...:P
Awkward: 
-Changing Jude's poopy diaper and noticing mid-wipe that I got some baby pudding on my fingers. Should I let this stuff ride it out until I'm done, or stop midway and de-poop? 
-That moment when someone you've met all of once walks into the room with obvious deformities all over their head and you wonder if your relationship is on a high enough level to ask them what happened to their face. And then because you waited too long to say "hi", all-the-while giving them a perplexingly dumb look, they finally utter, "I fell, okay?"
-Trying to keep a straight face for the millionth time when asking a patient if they've pooped or not. And going the extra mile and asking them to describe it. Uh huh, I see. Ok, and when was your last bowel movement? And if you could, please describe it to me. 
-Walking out of the grocery store and noticing that while loading them into the car, a tall, plaid-wearing, skeezy-looking guy has just changed his trajectory a couple of subtle degrees towards us, all the while giving us a creepy, I'm-about-to-do-something-crazy look. We didn't know if we should confront him, or just pick up the pace and speed away. 
-Having squeaky nursing shoes and wondering if every time they make an especially suspicious squawk if I need to clarify where the source came from. Just keep looking forward...
Awesome:
-Adam started his new job this week! Yes, I never explained this: Adam got a new job in a little place called Lake Oswego, Oregon. It's about 30 minutes south of us and is a beautiful little town right next to the Portland LDS temple. So we're moving. Sometime. I don't know when. Thinking about it just stresses me out. So moving on...
-Jude still thinks I'm hilarious.
-Jude has made it through all the different kinds of canned vegetables and loves all of them! 
-Jude laughs harder and harder every day.
-Adam told me I could buy new pairs of jeans to replace my old ones. Ok, I made that up. But do you think I pressured him into letting me do it anyway? Mission accomplished
-Now that Jude knows his way around the house, once he realizes I'm not in the room anymore, he makes it his mission to come and find me. And when he finally does, he squeezes his eyes shut, gets a long, pencil thin grin, and squeals real loud in celebration of our triumphant reunion.
-JUDE AND I ARE GOING TO NYC EARLY NEXT MONTH TO VISIT MY FAMILY!!! It was kind of a last minute decision, but Southwest was having a sale and Jude is still free to fly, so I hopped on it. Christmas time in NYC? That's my favorite--the Nutcracker, Radio City, Rockefeller Center, FAO Schwartz, Macy's and Tiffany's window displays, Serendipity...I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Breath, breath, breath....
-It's the best time of the year, right?! I'm loving life right now--the leaves are beautiful, the air is crisp, Jude is just brilliant--and he has lots of cute hats--pumpkin everything is in full season, and Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. Life is good right now--and even though I'm busy doing clinical hours to finish up my BSN and working shifts here and there, I'm having a great time with my little family. 
I hope you're all enjoying this beautiful time of year wherever you are! 



2 comments:

  1. oh poop. i've most definitely been in similar diaper predicaments numerous times ;) And yay for Adam's new job!! Hope he's loving it :) And that's sad you'll be moving from 7th ward...but new adventures are wonderful :) and Lake Oswego is beautiful! Being so close to the temple would be AWESOME.

    That picture-perfect photo of autumn you took...gorgeous :) And how fun that you're headed to NYC next month with your little J man!!!!! I'm a tiny bit jealous...but more happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is so awesome...err and awkward especially the good 'old poop!! :) and congrats to your husband for the new job !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...