Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

Since we're in the middle of packing and getting ready for our move, it wasn't until I sat down with a bowl of shredded wheat this morning that I realized that tomorrow is Thanksgiving. 
I love Thanksgiving.
It was tradition in my family growing up that everyone came over to our house for dinner--aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents...it was a glorious day at our little house every year. 
There was always an inordinate bounty of food that had no rhyme, theme, or reason--simply: if it was delicious, it was on the table. 
This year, I am grateful for so many things, but just to name a few: 
Adam's steady paycheck.
Adam. 
My job.
School. 
Jude. 
Adam's new job that he absolutely loves.
All the friends we've made here.
The opportunity that we have to have family so close. 
Sushi. 
Beautiful fall leaves.
iPhones. 
Free extended cable in our new place = Rachel Zoe. 
Motherhood and wifeyhood. 
Our free country. 
Our wonderful families. 
A year full of cuddling and kissing my beautiful new son. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving, full of family, friends, and lots of good food! 
Take lots of pictures! 





1 comment:

  1. You guys sure have a full week this week with all the grubbing and the moving & what not! But I am happy to know Adam got an awesome job that he enjoys. Hoping you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Give Jude baby some smooches from me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...