Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Family

In our faith, we hold the family in high regard, with great reverence, where father and mother have sacred responsibilities to God and His children. It stands as the one firm institution where God has commanded His children to be raised in. 
I believe with all of my heart that a faithful and righteous man and woman, within the bonds of matrimony, enter the companionship that can offer the most love and happiness for raising God's children. In this way, this institution is ordained of God, and when participated in, can yield incredible empowerment, love, and miracles. I have felt this empowerment and love and have experienced miracles as my husband and I have been married in the temple and strive to live righteously and to raise Jude in the gospel. 
I'm sure many of you have already read this document: The Family: A Proclamation to the World--but even if you already have, I encourage you to read it again and again. And if you haven't before, this was written by our church leaders and read for the first time in 1995 during a meeting with the largest women's organization in the world: The Relief Society. I remember when I read it for the first time thinking, "Well, this is nothing new." But after reading it again, I can see how inspired these great men are, as the family has very quickly become under attack more than ever. 
The Family: A Proclamation to the World
I love marriage and the family. My life is so rich and so blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. you have quite a way with words Britney. That could've been a general conference talk! :) I absolutely love your passion for your family...and I can tell that you and Adam want to raise you family in a Christ-centered home :) Jude (and your future kiddos:) are blessed to have you as their mom :)

    and I LOVE "The Family: A Proclamation to the World"! I'm working right now on a unique way to display it in our home...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...